Products - Optional Components
Wireless Computer Interface
• Plug-and-Play replacement of the standard computer interface cable.
• Transceiver unit plugs into Time Machine’s Multilane port.
• Micro USB adapter connects directly to computer’s USB port.
• Basic system provides wireless connectivity up to 400 ft depending on obstacles.
• Can achieve up to 3000 ft of connectivity using optional "long range" USB Adapter.
• Compatible with all existing scoring software – emulates a standard serial port.
• Can wirelessly connect up to 7 Transceivers to a single USB port, allowing simultaneous
reception of data from up to 7 Time Machines with a single computer.
• Can view assigned COM ports and rename Transceiver icons to easily manage multiple
Time Machine connections.
• Provides large data buffer with error detection and correction for a robust data link.
• Provides secure connection with unique ID code prohibiting unauthorized access to your data.
• Uses standard Bluetooth support built into Win XP, Vista & Win 7 – No drivers to install.
• Status LED blinks red when not connected, turns green when connection is established and
turns orange when data is being transmitted to/from the Time Machine.
• Output connector extends Multilane port signals from Time Machine for normal use
Features of the Wireless Computer Interface
Micro USB Adapter
The Wireless Computer Interface provides you with a convenient wireless data link between your Time Machine and a host computer for distances of up to 400 feet. The wireless data link utilizes high quality Bluetooth technology to provide you with a secure and error free transfer of data. It can be used as a direct replacement of the standard Time Machine Interface Cable, however instead of connecting to a computer serial port, it conveniently connects to any available USB port on your computer. The interface emulates a standard serial COM port connection, allowing you to utilize your favorite software scoring program in the same way that you are familiar with.
Connect to Multiple Time Machines Simultaneously!
The Wireless Gun-Start System provides you with a convenient “cable-free” method of automatically starting your Time Machine with a starting gun. The system utilizes a Wireless Transducer that senses the blast of a starting gun and then sends a “start signal” to your Time Machine located up to 450 feet away. The system utilizes high quality RF technology and components to provide you with a reliable and simple solution to automatically start your Time Machine.
The Wireless Gun-Start Transducer is rugged, sealed, and waterproof. It also features a sophisticated power circuit utilizing an internal battery that does not require replacement. The battery will typically last for up to 20 years or up to approximately 1.6 million starts.
• Wireless starts using a starting gun at distances up to 450 ft depending on obstacles.
• Rugged, sealed and waterproof Gun Transducer does not require battery replacement.
• Gun Transducer’s internal battery typically lasts up to 20 years or for up to 1.6 million starts.
• No On/Off switch – Gun Transducer automatically turns on, transmits a signal and then turns off.
• Receiver unit plugs into Time Machine’s Multilane port and receives power from the port.
• Gun Transducer unit attaches to barrel of starting pistol utilizing an adjustable velcro strap.
• Supports Manual Timing Correction due to using an “auto-start” with “manual” finishes:
• Automatically inserts a 0.24sec delay per NCAA/NF rules (default mode).
• Can bypass the Manual Timing Correction and use “No Correction” if desired.
• User programmable Receiver Unit with pre-programmed Gun Transducer:
• Can assign Gun-Start with or without Manual Timing Correction.
• Can re-assign a different Gun Transducer.
• Can remove a Gun Transducer assignment.
• Can assign a single Gun Transducer to Start multiple Time Machines simultaneously.
• Can also assign Wireless Grip Switches along with the Wireless Gun Transducer.
Features of the Wireless Gun-Start System
Optional Range Extender Boom for Receiver Unit
Programmable Receiver Unit
Manual Timing Correction
• Plug-and-Play replacement of the standard “wired” grip switches – no initial set up required
• Receiver unit plugs into Time Machine’s Multilane port.
• Up to 10 Wireless Grip Switches plus a Wireless Gun-Start can be used per Receiver.
• Wireless connectivity up to 500 ft or more depending on obstacles.
• Rugged, sealed and waterproof Grip Switches do not require battery replacement
• Grip Switch’s internal battery typically lasts up to 20 years or for up to 1.6 million button clicks
• Each Grip Switch transmits a unique ID code that is assigned to a Lane/Chute # in the Receiver
• To avoid interference, each Grip Switch transmits on one-of-ten different RF Channels
• User programmable Receiver Unit with pre-programmed and pre-labeled Grip Switches:
• Can re-assign any Grip Switch to any Lane/Chute number
• Can assign a Start operation to any Grip Switch
• Can assign a Start-then-Time operation to any Grip Switch
• Can change RF Channel number of any Grip Switch
• Can assign a single Grip Switch to Start and/or Time multiple Time Machines simultaneously
(for example: One switch could start 3 Time Machines, then provide finish results for one of them)
• Can also assign Wireless Gun Transducer along with Wireless Grip Switches.
• High resolution timing correction logic delivers the same timing accuracy as wired Grip Switches
Features of the Wireless Grip Switch System
The Wireless Grip Switch System provides you with a convenient wireless link between your Time Machine and up to 10 Grip Switch timing buttons for distances of up to 500 feet. The wireless system utilizes high quality RF technology and components to provide you with a reliable timing solution.
The Wireless Grip Switches are rugged, sealed, and waterproof. They also feature a sophisticated power circuit utilizing an internal battery that does not require replacement. The battery will typically last for up to 20 years (depending on usage) or up to approximately 1.6 million clicks of the button.
Start and/or Trigger Multiple Time Machines Simultaneously!
Programmable Receiver Unit
Wireless Grip Switches
Wireless Grip Switch System
Wireless Gun-Start System
The Range Extender Boom is used to increase the range of your Wireless Gun-Start system by elevating the Wireless Receiver unit.
This may be necessary in order to achieve a strong signal connection between the Gun Transducer and the Receiver unit when they are diagonally located across the track on fields that have a significant amount of terrain “crown” in the middle of the field.
The terrain crown on football fields can block a significant amount of the transmitted signal and thereby reduce the range of the wireless system when the receiver and transmitter are on diagonally opposed corners of the field. In order to compensate for this, the Receiver unit must be elevated a few feet – typically around 5 ft off the ground is adequate. Therefore we offer a tri-pod boom with an attached 6 ft
cable in order to achieve this.